Rangers say goodbye to manager

Press Release 30th November 2007
Rangers say ‘goodbye’ to Manager


As a result of ongoing discussions at the Football Club, the Board wishes to announce that today Phil Robinson left his post as manager by mutual consent, with immediate effect.

We are sad to see him go and Stafford Rangers Football Club wishes to thank Phil for all his hard work, professionalism and loyalty over the year. We wish him and his family all the very best for the future.

As difficult as this is we have to now move on and find a replacement for Phil at the earliest opportunity. A caretaker coach will be appointed before tomorrow’s home game and the situation will be monitored over the next few weeks whilst we look for a replacement. We will continue to use any spare cash we have in pursuit of strengthening the team. As we said last week, we have an extremely difficult task ahead of us both on and off the pitch but are determined to try and maintain our position in the Blue Square Premier.

The next home fixture against Northwich on Saturday 1st December is obviously a huge game for everyone associated with the football club and we need a really great gate to get behind Shooter (Wayne Daniel) and all the players who have worked so hard for us this season - they need as much support as we can give them.

We would in particular like to thank the supporters who braved the journey and the horrible weather to support the team at Ebbsfleet last Saturday - it was a frustrating day for everyone. Freddie Murray picked up a bad knee injury that requires a scan and he may well be out for several weeks. On a more positive note we have extended Luke Potter’s loan contract and he will be available to play for us until the end of December.

We know that our supporters will want to wish Phil well and thank him for the major part he played in the club’s progress over the past few seasons.

Thank you for your continued support of your football club.

Issued by the Board of Directors

Press Release 30th November 2007
Statement from Phil Robinson


Sadly and inevitably, but with the mutual consent of the Board, I have decided to leave my post as manager of Stafford Rangers FC.

During the recent weeks, as a result of the club’s well-publicised financial position, I have had numerous discussions with the Board. They understand my ambitions and I their difficulties. I thank the Board for their support during my period as manager and wish them and the club good luck for the future.

It was with great pride that I took over the manager’s role some five and a half years ago, during which period I have been delighted to guide the club from the Dr Martens League to where we are today in the second season of the Blue Square Premier, the top flight of non-league football. I will leave with great memories of not only our promotions, which included the nerve-racking play-off victory at Burton, but also our FA Cup and FA Trophy runs. During this period the club as a whole has grown and I am immensely proud of our local players and my involvement in the development of the thriving youth and junior set-ups that the club now boasts. I have worked tirelessly to bring success to Stafford Rangers but the time is now right for me to leave.

I am desperately sad to leave the players behind and ask all Rangers fans to get behind them for the rest of the season, as they need you all. Perhaps on some future occasion I may well join you on the terraces cheering on my hometown team, supporting the lads and any future manager.

I conclusion, I ask the fans for their understanding in what was an incredibly decision for me, but more importantly I want to thank them for their loyal support. They have made me feel so immensely proud to manage their team. It would give me great pleasure, perhaps some time in the future, to do so again should circumstances allow.

Phil Robinson