Matlock Town 2 Derby County XI 2

Friday 23rd July 2010
Matlock Town 2 Derby County XI 2
Pre-Season Friendly
At: Causeway Lane
Kick-off: 7-45 pm
Admission: £8; Programme: £1-50 (56 pages)
Attendance: 378
Weather: sunny
Duration: first-half: 45:10; second-half: 45:18


If the trip to Rocester was about reliving past happy memories, then a re-visit to Matlock Town’s Causeway Lane ground was about reacquainting myself with a venue I’d previously visited only once and that was way back in January 1985. Probably because Matlock hadn’t played in the same league as Stafford Rangers since that 1984/85 season is perhaps the reason why I hadn’t been back since. Either one of their home games against Chesterfield (Tuesday 20th July) and a Derby County XI (Friday 23rd July) fitted the bill perfectly for what I look for in a pre-season friendly. I opted for the Derby game.